General Information about ppsc/nts/fpsc/ots/sts
- Water vapors are formed due to evaporation
- Gas in gobar (cow dung) is ethylene. (chk biogas is natural gas)
- GMT was established in 1884
- Radio broad casting started in 1920
- Calorie requirement sedentary is 2500 k.cal, light word
is 3000 k.cal, moderate work is 3500 k.cal and heavy work is 4000 k.cal
- Water is 830 times heavier than air
- Driving mirror is usually convex
- Dossier means relevant papers
- In deserts clouds do not precipitate due to low humidity
- Rain drop is shaped like a peer
- Money is made of cotton
- 1 liter = 0.9 kg
- Drinker’s apparatus is for measuring the amount of Alcohol in the blood.
- Atomic pile is a place where nuclear fission is made.
- Dewar’s flask is called as thermos.
- Atomic weight of chemical compounds is determined by Mass spectroscopy.
- Tube light emits radiation even after it is disconnected. It is due to Fluorescence
- The conversion of gases into liquid under high pressure and low temperature is called regulation.
- If a green leaf is seen in a red light its color will be black.
- Emerge of VIBGYOR from one side of the prism is due to refraction and dispersion of light.
- 510 million square kilometers is the total surface area of the ear
- Linseed oil is used while oil painting.
- During the winter months 90% of fallen leaves are taken underground by earth worm
- Cox orange pippen is a biological name of an apple
- Breitling orbiter 3 was the first balloon to fly non-stop around the world
- Aircraft designers test their model of aircraft in wind tonnel
- Aircrafts are made of alluminium alloys
- Flaps are used as air brakes
- Darwin visited Galapagos Island before giving his theory of Natural Selection.
- Staple food is the basic food
- The crops like legumes and beens and clover form their
own fertilizer. Farmers grow these crops and plough into soil as fertilizers.
This process is called green manuring.
- Scientists have recently discovered a new taste called Umami.
- Braille system is named after its inventor the Frenchman Louis Brille.
- Isochrones are the lines joining the places of equal labour and transportation costs.