IMPORTANT ORGANISATIONS & PACTS
Name Founded Member Headquarter
- ADB- 1986- | Philippines
- Arab League- 1945- 22- Cairo
- ASEAN- | Aug 8, 1967- 9- | Jakarta, founded at Bangkok.
- COMECON- 1948- Havana.
- Colombo Plan- 1st July 1951- Colombo (Srilanka)
- Common Wealth- 1931- 53- London.
- Council of Europe- 1949- 34- Strasbourg.
- CIS- Jan 1991- 12-
- D8- 15 June 1997- Founded at Turkey, HQ Turkey.
- ECO- Jan 1985- 8- Tehran.
- Interpol 1956 Lyon (France)
- NAM 1961
- OIC 22 to 25 Sep 1969- 56- Jeddah established in Rabat (Morocco).
- SAARC 8, 1985- 7- 8 Katmandu- established at Dhaka.
- NATO- 1949 Brussels.
- SEATO Sep 8, 1954 founder at Manila, ended in 1977.
- UNO 24 Oct 1945 New York.
- Warsaw Pact 14th May 1955. Dissolved in 1991.
- Term of non-permanent members of the Security Council is 2 years.
- General Assembly and Security Council appoints the judges of International Court of Justice.
- RCD was changed to ECO in Jan 1985.
- G-8 was established on 22 September 1985. G-8 was
originally the G-5 but was expanded when
Canada, Italy and Russia jointed in June 1997.
- European Union came in to being on January 1, 2000, EU adopted Euro currency in 2001. Its head quarter is in Brussels (Belgium).
- International Energy Agency was founded in 1974; its head quarter is in Paris (France).
- International Olympic Committee was formed in 1984; its head quarter is in Lausanne (Switzerland).
- The head quarter of international Red Cross and Red Crescent is in Geneva (Switzerland).
- Organization of Petroleum and Exporting Countries was
founded in Baghdad in 1960; its head quarter is in Vienna (Austria).
- The organization of Economic Cooperation and Development was founded in 1961; its head quarter is in Paris (France).
- The world council of churches was established in 1948 in Amsterdam (Netherlands), its headquarter is in Geneva (Switzerland).
- North American Free Trade Agreement, its origin lies in the free trade agreement signed by the USA and Canada in 1989.
- The organization of African Unity was founded in 1963; its head quarter is in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
- The organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries was founded in 1968, its headquarter is in Cairo (Egypt).
- Organization of American State was founded in 1948; its heat quarter is in Washington DC (USA).
- There are 76 countries in WTO.
- China became the member of the World Trade Organization on 11 December 2001
- OPANAL stands for Agency for the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons in Latin America.
- OPANAL was formed on 2nd December, 1969, its headquarter is in Mexico City.
- OECS stands of Organization of Eastern Caribbean States, established on 18th June, 1981.
- The head quarter of OECS is in Casries (St. Lucia).
- UN has 6 principle organs.
- Security Council has 5 permanent members.
- The Economic and Social Council acts as coordinating
body for the numerous specialized agencies created by the UN. The council has
54 members elected for the term of 3 years.
- The international court of justice comprises 15 judges.
- The IBRD was established in 27th Dec 1945.
- Steel Pact was signed between Italy and Germany on 22nd May 1939 at Berlin.
- Camp David Accord made between Egypt and Israel on 17 Sep 1978.
- Locarno pact signed on 16th October, 1925, signed at Locarno.
- Four Power Pact was signed on 16th July, 1933 at Paris.
- CENTO was signed on 24th Feb, 1955 in Baghdad.
- Balkan Pact was signed on 9th Feb, 1934.
- Eisenhower Doctrine was announced in 1957.
- Entente Cordiale was formed in April 1904, the agreement was signed between England and France.
- Dawes Plan was introduced in 1924.
- CTBT opened for signature from Sep 24, 1996.
- KELLOGG-Briand pact was signed by 15 states on 27th August, 1928, it was signed in Paris.
- Rio Summit was held in Rio-de-Janero on 14th 1992.
- According to the young plan (1929) announced after the
first world war Germany was required to pay
100 million dollars in installments.
- UN’s resolution 1441about Iraq was passed in Nov 2002.
- Amnesty International is an international organization which works for the release of the political prisoners. It was established by peter Bomenson in the year of 1961.
- In 1941 the Atlantic Charter was signed by Churchill and Roosevelt.
- Truman Doctrine—— announced on 12 March 1947 about the security of Greece and Turkey.
- USSR and its allies signed Warsaw pact in the year 1955.
- The famous Dumbarton Oaks conference, which formulated
proposals about UN charter, was held in
- On 14th August 1941, US president F.D Roosevelt and British Premier W. Churchill signed the Atlantic Charter on a battle ship.
- Veraillies Treaty was signed in 1919.
- Bostan Tea party tool place in 1773.
- The civil right act which was passed in USA in 1964 was
the result of the March of 250000 people organized by Martin Luther king in 1963.
- The famous XYZ affair tool place when an American delegation visited England.
- Potsdam conference was held in 1945.
- Mamoon Abdul Gavvum (PM of Maldives) said SAARC is a brain child.
- Napolean I, first person to call English a nation of shopkeepers.
- Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent
perspiration; these words are said by Thomas
- Hippocrates said that extreme remedies are most appropriate for extreme disease.
- Archimedes said that give me but one firm spot on which to stand, and I will move the earth.
- Leonardo da vinci observed that every man – at three years old- is half his height.
- Darse Ninamia was introduced in Indo-Pak by Mulla Mizam Ud Din.
- Interpol was founded in 1923 in what city- Vienna
- The Asian development bank established in 1966 with headquarter located at MANILA (philipines).
- Eqypt , Iraq , jorden , Lebanon , Saudi Arab , Syria
and Yemen are the founder nations of the arab
- Asian development bank was established in 1966 with headquarter located at manila(philipine)
- The International court of Justice is located in Hague,Holland
- WHO is not the principal organ of the United Nations.
- Declaration of Human Rights was adopted on Dec: 10, 1948.
- Green Peace has no formal structure and Secretariat.
- Who were the three statesmen who formulated Non-Aligned Movement (NAM): Nehru, Nasser, Tito
- international headquarter of Transparency International (TI}
is located in Berlin, Germany. The founder of the organisation is Peter Eigen
- The permanent Secretariat of SAARC is established at: Khatmandu
- How many official working languages are recognized by UNO:6
- Who was the first Asian Secretary General of the United Nations? U. Thant
- Baden Powel was the founder of Boy Scout and Civil Guides Movement.
- CIS are 11 independent states of the former Soviet Union known as Commonwealth of Independent States.