Skip to content
NOBLE PPSC TEST PAST PAPERS QUESTIONS
- Astronomers cannot be nominated for noble prize
- Marie curie twice won Noble Prize.
- First Nobel Prizes were awarded on 10 Dec: 1901.
- What country awards the Nobel peace prize- Norway
- Who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1972-Nobody
- Who refused the Nobel Literature prize in 1958-Boris Pasternak
- Who was the first American to receive the Nobel Literature prize Sinclair Lewis
- Which Nobel Prize is not awarded annually in Stockholm Peace
- Mother Teresa was awarded Nobel Prize in the field of peace.
- The New York Times received five Pulitzer prizes of
2009 for investigative, breaking news and
international reporting, feature photography and criticism.
- A noted Indian wildlife biologist, Dr M.D. Madhusudan,
Director of Nature Conservation Foundation
- Four persons have been awarded Nobel Prize twice.
- Van’t Hoff was the first Nobel Laureate in Chemistry.
- Wole Soyinka is a Nobel Prize winner for literature. He
is from Nigeria.
- Which field was not included by Alfred Nobel
- Person getting the nobel peace prize in 2008 was of the
- Alfred Nobel was born in Stockholm, Sweden, more than
150 years ago. In what year was he born? Alfred Nobel was born in 1833
- What did Alfred’s father, Immanuel, do for a living?
Alfred’s father was an engineer and inventor.
- Alfred Nobel never married.
- A future Nobel Laureate worked for a short period of
time as Alfred Nobel’s secretary. Who? Bertha von Suttner
- Alfred Nobel died on 10 December 1896, but not in
Sweden, his home country. Where did he die? Alfred Nobel died in San Remo, Italy.
- Why did Alfred Nobel establish a prize in his will?
Alfred Nobel wanted to award the greatest benefits to mankind.
- Which Nobel category does not yet have a single female
- Who won the first Nobel Prize in Physics? Roentgen.
- Which single winner won the most number of Nobel
Prizes? International Committee of the Red Cross.
- Who was the first non-European to win the Nobel Prize
in Literature? Rabindranath Tagore
- Mathematicsis not a valid Nobel Prize category.
- In what year did the most people decline their Nobel
- Who was the only person to win the Nobel Prize twice — in Peace and Chemistry? Linus Pauling
- Who was the only person to win the Nobel Prize twice — in both Physics and Chemistry? Marie Curie
- Name the six categories for which the prizes are
awarded. Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine,
Literature, Peace and Economics.
- For which category was a Nobel Prize given starting
- Who awards the Peace Prize? The Norwegian Nobel Committee.
- Max Planck received the noble prize in Physics in 1918
for his discovery of: energy quanta
- Climate change campaigner Al Gore and the UN’s
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change have
been jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Rabindra Nath Tagore was the first Indian/South Asian
to win Nobel Prize. (Literature in 1931).
- Former US Vice-President Al Gore has won Noble Peace
Prize 2007 for his campaign against Global
- Mr Gore won an Oscar for his climate change film An
- The first negro to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize was
Ralph Johnson Bunche
- Rabindarnath Tagore won first Nobel Prize from South Asia.
- The first Muslim Nobel Laureate was: Anwar Sadaat of Egypt
- Nobel Prize holder UN institutions….. UNHCR, UAEA